September 25, 2012

Sometimes you just gotta say goodbye...

Yesterday, as part of our daily chat about what good readers do, we brainstormed reasons why a reader might have to abandon a book.  I recorded the suggestions and told the boys and girls I would make us an anchor chart with their ideas. 
Why do teachers call it an "anchor chart"?  It's a chart that "anchors" our thinking.  The way an anchor holds the ship in place, the anchor chart holds our ideas in place.  Isn't that neat? 
I'll share this chart with my threes tomorrow but one little fella told me he reads the blog every night, so he'll get a sneak peak!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs Mihalides

    My name is Mike Carbone and I am Mekaile's father. Just want you to know that I am very impressed with your level of dedication and prefessionalism.
    Mekaile is beaming and is very happy to be part of your class.

    Keep up the good work.

    Mike and CarolAnn Carbone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so happy Mekaile is enjoying Grade Three so far!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...