December 15, 2012

What do you say?


I will have an important talk with my class on Monday. We will be reviewing safety procedures and everyone will have an opportunity to ask questions and share what's on their mind. I love my students as though they are my own and as their "Mom at school", I can assure you it will be an age-appropriate conversation that I hope will reassure and bring comfort to all my students. 


In the meantime, I have gathered some information that I hope will assist parents over the weekend in discussing the horrific tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut with their children.

Talking to Kids About Violence (printable)

7 tips for parents

There are also many, many resources I found here:

National Association of School Psychologists

I will be using the above resources to assist me in my conversation with my students on Monday.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...