October 16, 2013

A Warm Fuzzy

I ran into the Mom of child I taught after school today. Her child is now in Grade Four. With her permission, I share this story. She made a point of telling me how quickly our year together passed by. She said it was fun for her to be a part of the adventure via the blog. 

It's hard to articulate how much I love what I do for a living. I know I'm lucky, not everyone loves their job. I'm halfway through my career and I have no idea where the time went. How can new teachers be 25 when I still feel like that's *my* age? ;) 

For me, it's always Grade Three...even in July and August when I'm stalking the Targets and Walmarts in Erie, PA for cheap markers. For my students and their families, it's only about 190 days.  It really does fly by. I mean, doesn't it seem like yesterday was the first day of school? We're now 30 days in. Thirty days! Thanksgiving has come and gone and in a few months, I'll be blogging about how my class runs itself and my students are ready for Grade Four.  

I want to take this opportunity to invite you along for the ride. Seriously, grab a coffee, hop in and giddy up! 

Please post your comments on the blog. Please visit often. I hope this place makes you smile. I hope you feel like you are part of our room and our day. I hope you feel like you are a member of our class family. I know you can't come to school with us everyday, but I hope this blog makes you feel like you do. I know some of us haven't met yet, but I hope you feel like you know me. I hope you feel good about how your child spends their day. 

I hope everyone makes the most of this year together. I really do. 

It just goes so fast. 

  


    

5 comments:

  1. I am not the only ex-grade three Mrs. M Mom still checking out your blog :-)!!! And I LOVED hearing about Full House/ Fun Friday today. More great memories being planted! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to thank you for introducing us to the book "Wonder". We now own it and I am reading it for the first time. Every person should read that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments Mrs. C. It was such a pleasure to have "J" back in the class to join the fun! I'm glad you are enjoying the novel. It's a beautiful story isn't it? By pre-reading it, I was able to present a "Grade Three" appropriate version that still maintained the positive message. It's on my list again this year! Thanks again for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  3. I miss you too Mrs. M. sniff sniff

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...