April 16, 2014

Fraction Friends!

I think we're good to go for our Fractions test on Wednesday.  We worked with a paper manipulative I call "Fractions Friends" this afternoon. The boys and girls had 20 little paper kids to work with and we solved a variety of different problems with them. 
Some children wanted to bring their's home tongiht.  


Each student cut out two of these. 
But, before we could use the "Fractions Friends" we first had to cut them out.  

This is what it sounds like when 18 children are cutting paper. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is a group of kids that gets the job done and done right! I had not told the boys and girls they needed to be quiet during cutting, but slowly as I handed out the materials, the noise and chit-chat faded and it was silent.   







LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...