February 22, 2021

Because of Mr. Terupt

We have started reading a wonderful new book called Because of Mr. Terupt during our Evening Meeting.I love the interest and enthusiasm this novel generates year after year with my class.  

This is not a book that I would recommend my Grade Three students read on their own once we finish. I'm reading it to the class from a copy I have edited myself and there will not be a copy available to students in the classroom. 


It's an incredible book, but it contains a few words that I'm going to leave out (mostly bathroom humour and the "R" word used once or twice).  

Having said that, it's a novel with an important message; one that reminds us that everyone has a different perspective, comes from a different sent of circumstances and that actions have consequences.  I am very excited to share it with my students as it always generates plenty of meaningful discussions. 




I think once the children reach Grade 5 or 6, they can read it on their own, but until then, they can relax and enjoy being an active listener. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...