January 03, 2017

Moments from Week 16


We had such a great final week of 2016 together! With so many fun and memorable events that week, I thought I'd share our photos. Most of these great pics were taken by students!  So let's all go back to a week or so ago. I don't know about you, but when I look at these photos, I am reminded of the energy and excitement that filled our classroom and school during that special week. 


Making our snowman ornaments was so much fun!






We loved our Polar Bear Express afternoon! Thank you
to Miss Penwarden for organizing this! 


This little tree was packed away in our crawl-space for
years! I was so happy to find a home for it in Room 208!


This little Solo-Cup engineering activity gave everyone an opportunity to release some energy and get their creative juices flowing! The object of the activity was to build a Christmas tree without touching the cups! Their tools? An elastic band,  four pieces of string and a whole lotta teamwork!














What would happen if we built one GIGANTIC tree?


I loved reading all the responses from my students' interviews with their loved ones about their favorite Christmas gifts!





Each morning, I write the "Morning Work" on the Smartboard. After students copy their agendas, they are to complete whatever task is indicated on the board. During week 16, students buddied up with their elbow partners and read Christmas stories together.  It was such a warm, happy way to begin the day!







And finally, students practiced their multiplication skills by making this adorable Christmas tree! They are hanging on our board, ready to welcome everyone back next week! 







And that's that! What a great week we had together!  I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Christmas break and that 2017 brings you health, happiness and prosperity. See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...