September 19, 2012

Wednesday's Message

We had a fabulous day today! 
After Morning Message, we had a Math quiz. Please see the video linked below where I explain the quiz and the answer required to receive full marks.  

In our Literacy Block, I took a "Spelling Inventory" to see where our strengths and needs lie in terms of our spelling skills.  I've attached a copy of the words that the boys and girls were asked to spell. This type of test helps me fine-tune my instruction. Now I can create lessons that target our specific spelling needs.  The Spelling Inventory comes from this resource: 
Words Their Way

The printable I've attached below can be a great resource for parents because they can test their child at home and monitor their spelling progress. 

We had an important talk on the carpet today. I spoke to the boys and girls about participating in class and how everyone has something important to contribute to our little community. I am hoping that with time and a little nudge from home everyone will feel comfortable and confident sharing their ideas, connections and answers.  

Primary Spelling Inventory (printable)

Today's Math Quiz (video)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...