September 16, 2012

Welcome to my Blog!


Hello! Welcome to my blog! I have been toying with the idea of creating my own classroom blog for some time, but I just couldn't figure out how to customize it so that it better reflected my personality. The blog templates provided are very..."builder's beige". 
If you're a fussy-pants like me, you like things to look "just so". I also come from a long line of do-it-yourselfers and  I just couldn't bring myself to pay someone to create a blog template for me. This meant I needed to learn how to do it myself and that means sitting down and spending the time needed to do it right.  
So here we are...it's not as super-fancy as some of those great teacher blogs that are out there but it works for me.  My blog is a work in progress, but right now, I'm really excited to share it with you. I'll fancy it up in the weeks and months to come, as I learn more but at the same time, I'm pretty thrilled what I was able to achieve after a whole lot o' coffee and a few hours on the couch!
So from now on, I'll post the daily messages here on this site, along with links to documents, photos and videos. This blog replaces the class portal.  I still need to figure out if there is a way to post documents here, but until then, I may have to rely on a third party host that I'll link to.  
As a creative type, I'm thrilled to find a new way to share what goes on in my classroom and I hope you enjoy it too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...