The boys and girls attended an exceptional anti-bullying presentation this morning. Our presenter, Jim Jordan had everyone engaged and ready to hear his positive message about a serious topic.
This afternoon, the boys and girls wrote their Unit Two math test and by the looks of it, this is a group who cannot be fooled! They know the clue words to look for in a problem that tell them to add or subtract.
We're having lots of fun in our Morning Message these days. Did you know that each morning, in our message, the boys and girls:
- learn the weather forecast
- continue our countdown to the 100th day of school
- solve a sorting rule on a Venn Diagram
- examine a sentence with all kinds of errors to be corrected
- enjoy a mini-story to be read aloud by volunteers (the story addresses all kinds of reading strategies and text features we've been learning about)
- multiplication and division practice
- learn how to tell time with an activity called, "What time is it Mr. Wolf?"
- solve the "Mystery Word" via a really fun Smartboard feature/game thingy (that's a real word...promise)
- review the math songs they've been taught
- learn how to multiply and divide
- read the "Letter of the Day" to the Student of the Day, where our learning goals are outlined for the day ("day" three times in once sentence...sigh)
Morning Message is one of my favourite times of day because it's engaging and holds all kinds of surprises that energize the class and bring us closer together as a learning community.