February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had the most wonderful talk this morning on the carpet. It was a goosebumpy, tears in your eyes, perfect for Valentine's Day kind of moment. We have been talking about our families and how the love family members have for each other is endless. We talked about how we are all made from love and that one of the first ways our parents knew we were on our way was the sound of a heartbeat. We thought about what that moment must have been like when our parents first saw us.  

I told the boys and girls about a girlfriend of mine who recently adopted a baby and the moment she and her husband found out the baby had arrived, the joy that filled their hearts was indescribable. Families come in all shapes and sizes, but one thing they all have in common is love. 

We talked about what we think of when we first hear the words "Valentine's Day" and we all agreed that it's all about love.

Thank you parents for sending me your photos.  The video is beautiful and it was such a wonderful and memorable way to cap off our discussion about families, and there's no better day in the school year to show this to the boys and girls. 


I wish you could have seen the looks on their faces as their photos came up.  We talk of people's eyes lighting up, but in this case, their entire faces lit up! It was truly something.  

Our classroom is a loving and wonderful place because that's where my students come from and for that I sincerely thank you.  

I hope you enjoy this video as much as we did. I could watch it over and over again. Every photo tells a different story and yet they all say the same thing: we are all so blessed to be so loved. 


Happy Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Mihalides,
    The older I get, the more it sinks into me that in this world we are all connected. It is a wonderful and miraculous feeling that your videos keep enhancing. Thank you so much! I hope you are having a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Mrs. Comerford. We had the most spectacular day today. I am so proud of my class; my 20 Valentines!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful video, thank you for putting it together. Happy valentine's day!

    Emilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Mihalides,
    This is absolutely beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes.

    Mrs. Linse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Mrs. Linse! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. Mike and CarolAnn17 February 2013 at 17:40

    Thank you for the wonderful valentine of our family photos. We loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...