- We've learned about using webs to help us keep our writing on topic.
- We've learned about adding plusses and interesting details.
- We know all about trash or treasure details.
- We know five great hooks that will grab our reader's attention and make them excited about our work.
- We know how to end our paragraphs in a way that links back to the main idea.
So now it's time to write!
We're currently working on using all our skills learned during our Writer's Workshop to write a paragraph about one of our favourite topics: Full House! As part of Fun Friday, we watch Full House during lunch time and the boys and girls are asked to choose their favourite character and write a great paragraph using all their newly acquired skills.
It's not quite as easy as it sounds, as we're finding, but we are off to a very enthusiastic start!