May 06, 2013

We have a lot on the go right now!

It's time for another one of those "lists". 

It helps me keep track of all that we have going on in our classroom. Ask any Grade Three teacher this time of year and they'll tell you they feel like they have all the balls up in the air all at once. It's a bit of a juggling act, this here month of May, that's for sure. 

So here we go:
  • we're working on Unit 9 (Area, Length and Perimeter) in Math
  • we're trying hard to keep up with the intensive EQAO prep activities we do each Wednesday at our "Wednesday Workshop"  
  • some of these activities must come home for homework if they're not completed in the designated time provided 
  • we've finished comparative and procedural writing 
  • we're moving on to story writing in the next day or two
  • we're collecting a 60 cm stack of newspapers for a Science activity (Mrs. Renton-teacher) to be completed after EQAO 
  • we have learned about the features of non-fiction texts 
  • we're reviewing skills daily (both Math and Language Arts) in our Morning Message
  • we're looking at having our Unit 9 Math test next week -date hasn't been determined yet 
  • and EQAO is in three or so weeks! 
Whew! 
That's a lot!  

But now that I've typed it all out and organized my own thinking, I think it really comes down to three main things: 

  • We will be wrapping up Unit 9 in a week or so 
  • We are beginning story writing 
  • We will continue our Wednesday workshops right up until EQAO and some of that work will come home if it's not completed in the time provided in class. 

I hope this post helps you as much as it does me. This time of year, it's important for this gal to write it all down and since I can type faster than I can write, I figured, hey, why not make a blog post out of it. Perhaps there's a reader out there who loves lists as much as I do! 
Thanks for reading! 

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...