- So parents and families know where we're at in terms of our unit of study.
- So parents can review each item with their child as extra home practice
Here's what we've covered thus far:
- a review of simple addition and subtraction strategies
- we've looked at some of the patterns on a hundreds chart -here is a helpful video made last year that demonstrates what we're looking for when we ask children about patterns on a hundreds chart
- we've talked about how a hundreds chart is very helpful when adding and subtracting
- how to "build" numbers using base-ten blocks
- identifying even and odd numbers (we have a song for this!)
- estimating a number's position on a number line (e.g. "This number line runs from 10-20, where would 15 go?")
- ordinal numbers
- we've started learning a song to help us remember how to count by threes which assists with multiplication skills.
Here is a copy of a hundreds chart to assist with home practice of the above skills.