A few things we've been talking about over the last couple of days that could be added to that checklist I sent home last week:
- students should be very confident in telling time (especially when it comes to identifying the :45 times -e.g. 10:45, 9:45, etc.) This is a very tricky time for children to identify correctly and practice with this would be beneficial.
- students should be able to identify a fair and unfair game spinner
- the mode of data is the number that appears most often in the data (e.g. 3, 4, 5, 7, ,3, 4, 4 the mode of this set of data is 4 because it appears most often)
- we've also been talking a lot about process of elimination when completing multiple choice questions
- multiple choice questions: check the remaining options when the first option is the answer. This means when "A" is your answer, be sure to check B, C, and D to be sure you're answer is the most correct
- we're also focusing on the difference between "you're" and "your" (you're = you are and your = belongs to someone)