January 05, 2015

Welcome Back!


Did everyone have a wonderful break? Mr. M and I spent it in Fort Myers, Florida and enjoyed catching up with my brother and his wife Christina. 

I was able to read lots, shop a little, and enjoy the sun. Just as we were wrapping up our trip, all of the Snowbirds from the north were arriving. It was so fun to watch everyone get reacquainted. Listening to them all talk with great enthusiasm about their grandkids and the snow they were dodging was really sweet. 
No chimney, but Santa still found us!

Christmas in Florida is certainly different than Christmas up here, but no matter where you spend it, it's always a wonderful day when you enjoy time with loved ones, great food and special traditions. 

And now we're back! It's time to get back on track, so to speak and we have a whole lotta work to do in Room 208 in order to get these chickadees ready for Grade Four!  

This week, we'll ease back into our routine for the first day or two, but then we really get things rolling with creative writing, a new math unit and a new approach to our Social Studies unit. There's a lot to cover in Social Studies and I'm thinking some kind of "daily commercial" would help the kids learn what's needed and give them an opportunity to explore questions they have. This once-a-week-lesson-thing isn't really working for me. We'll try this out and see how it goes. That all gets rolling Monday (January 5) 

I can't wait to see the kids today!  I hope they are as excited to see me as I am to see them! 
I think whether you live up here or down
there, we all deserve this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...