November 03, 2015

Week 9

With Halloween behind us, it's time to re-focus and get back to our routine. We're progressing well and given that we started the school year a week later than in 2014, we're on track in terms of where we need to be curriculum-wise.

The big focus right now is on using teacher feedback to improve our work. So that means develop really effective listening skills and understanding that those conversations with teachers about "What I do well, and where I need to improve" are just that...feedback.  

I want my students to understand that feedback doesn't always come in the form of a comment on their work and that reminders to print neater or use capitals at the beginning of sentences are also forms of feedback.  

Speaking of feedback, we're working on a set of short-term goals as a class and I'll post the list later this week so that you can have a conversation about them with your child at home.  

In the meantime, here are my own goals for the week!

 

On Sunday, I posted two Math strategies videos for parents and students.  If you haven't had a chance to watch them, I'm re-posting them here for your convenience.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...