June 10, 2016

I like the sound, I like the sound of that.


There's a really sweet song by country group Rascal Flatts called, "I Like the Sound of That".  It's a love-song and the chorus is really catchy. It's my jam right now.  I had the video posted above, but I can't get it to stay put; every time I refresh the page, it disappears, so you'll have to take my word for it! 

As the year winds down, I get a little sentimental. Okay, maybe a lot sentimental.  I have, after all, spent almost 190 days with these chickadees. And it doesn't take long before they kind of start to feel like mine.  We become a little family really quickly. I think that happened mid-September.  And today (Friday)...when they left, the room was really quiet. Really quiet. I needed Kleenex. 

How often do you have a day at work where you go, "Ya, this career thing, I'm doing it right." ? It was a really great day today. 

It was "Despicable Me" day and it could have been "let's watch paint dry" day and these kids would make it memorable.  I took a million plus one pictures and I hope to have them on the bulletin board outside our room for you to see on Tuesday night. Fingers crossed for the Costco photo lab.  Since I don't really post photos of the kids online anymore,  we'll have to go old school for the memories from today.  

We played crazy games, blew bubbles and flung Frisbees. We watched a movie, drank punch and ate chips. Does it get any better than that?  Seriously.  The laughs, the singing, the jokes and the sweetness...so much sweetness.  The best part of the day? Well, that was the thank-yous for all the fun. How do you top that? It's music to my (and I suspect your) ears.  An adorable group of 8 and 9 year- olds, thanking their "mom during the day" for the fun.  

I like the sound of that. 

And after listening to that song a hundred times, I want cowboy boots! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...