October 15, 2016

Happy Saturday Room 208!

I saw this story on the CBS Evening News last night and thought it would be very appropriate to share with my students and their families. Parents, would you please read and review this piece with your child?  It is totally appropriate for children, but some kids may have questions that an adult can answer.  

The grade three "Focus on Faith" theme is community and the common good.  In our class, we talk a lot about taking care of each other and this story speaks to that.  

We'll discuss it on Monday, but I'd love it if the kids arrived at school having discussed it already with their folks.  I know I have a few students who will be away on Monday, but if you would go ahead and review it as well, that would be great.  

Please check in on Sunday for our "Fun Friday" blog post.  

Woman loses her way home, but finds much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...