November 21, 2019

What's a recount?

A week or so ago, I surprised the kids with a pancake breakfast for Fun Friday. We were really focused that week on compound words and pancakes seemed like the perfect way to cap it off!  



To give them a fun twist to add to their recounts, I first told the students I was making the pancakes for the teachers in the school! 






This week, we started writing a recount of that special day.  The gif above shows the features one needs to include in an effective recount. 








We're just about finished them and they're great! I am so impressed with the way the boys and girls have incorporated all the criteria into their writing! I also love the personality and sparkle they've added to really bring their writing alive and engage with the reader! It's very rewarding to see the boys and girls using the resources at their fingertips such as their no-excuse word list or the Portable Word-Wall to add new words to their writing and make sure those words are spelled correctly!  

I'll put these up on the bulletin board for all to see here at school, but I look forward to parents and families reading about all the fun we had that day! It's exciting to read that event from a kid's point of view! 

Special thanks to Miss Paget for capturing for all to see this mess I made in the frying pan! It never fails...no matter how many lovely and round pancakes you make, when the camera comes on, disaster ensues! 😂



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...