March 31, 2019

Our Calendar Folders

As part of our measurement unit, the boys and girls are solving problems related to the calendar.  They started creating their own learning resource called their "Calendar Folder" recently and it's been both fun and highly effective! 




I can't remember where I read it, and I really wish I could, but a fancy education-person said that when students create their own learning resources, the learning is more meaningful and the concepts are better retained.  

Something I have observed that really makes me proud, is how my students' organizational and fine motor skills have developed over the course of the last few months.  These file-folder projects provide students with an opportunity to practice more than just their math skills, and it's really exciting to see the growth that has taken place.  

These photos are from 2017. I haven't taken any from this year yet!  















LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...