September 03, 2019

Happy New Year!

Thank you to all the boys and girls for a wonderful first day of school! I am so excited to share the next ten months with these very special little people. In keeping with my tendency to over-plan, we didn't quite get to everything today, so we'll talk handshakes, brag tags and reading places and spaces on Wednesday. 


Thank you for the beautiful surprise this morning Julia! 

We did cover the big stuff today: we bring our manners, our sense of humor and our kind heart to school each day.  Those are the most important rules in room 208 and I'm thrilled that my new group of friends responded so well my belief that we all learn best when we feel safe, respected and we're not afraid to laugh at ourselves now and then.  


As for the specifics of our day, it was definitely a busy one! We got a bit of work done, had some fun talking about listening and following instructions using our Play Doh, and got to know each other while we organized all paper work that comes home these first few days! 













We ended our day with this hilarious read-aloud and debated about adding this to our list of class policies. 😉
We have 40 glorious weeks together and I'm looking forward to sharing our adventures with you here on the blog and my social media platforms. Please be sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram. 

Thank you again for a great day, and happy new year to all my students and their families! Enjoy every moment...it's going to fly by! 

Love, 
Mrs. M  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...