May 25, 2021

Tuesday May 25

Pre-Covid, this space was where I shared the day to day happenings, various resources and other tools used in my classroom with my students and their families. It was nice for folks to have a little reference desk of their own to use when needed. Throughout the pandemic, I've struggled to figure out just how I could continue to use the blog when so much of what happens everyday is *right there* in our Google Classroom.   

Each day, I'm required to share my plan with my students and their families and up until now, I've done so via twitter and within our digital learning space. Moving forward,  I'll post the plan here, and when I can, I'll add in a few notes and photos to support what we hope to achieve that day.  We don't always get everything on our plan done and that's typical of both a digital and in-person learning space.  Sometimes things take longer than expected, or we might need to abandon the plan altogether because a break is what the moment calls for. 

Now, I'm not getting off to a great start by posting today's plan at 4:00pm, but I'm sure it won't take long for me to find my blogger groove again.  

Here's what we did today! 




As part of our afternoon "Math Rewind", we've been using the 13-minute Odd Squad episodes to revisit concepts we covered earlier in the year.  Today we talked parallel lines, patterns and reviewed geometric shapes. We also had some related fun learning about Canusa Street: a town that runs along the US/Canadian border in Vermont and Quebec. You can read more about Canusa Street here

Recently, we've been making good use of the digital math manipulatives at toytheatre.com . As part of Math Rewind, we did some work with digital pattern blocks.  

We have two novels on the go right now.  The Wild Robot by Peter Brown is our novel study as part of our literacy block, while Gordon Korman's Zoobreak is our end-of-day read aloud.  Both are full of suspense and interesting characters!  Zoobreak is a little wordy at times, so in the interest of time and holding my audience's attention, I edit as we go (sorry Mr. K). 

And that was our day! 

Fingers crossed Wednesday's plan will be posted here BEFORE school starts for the day.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...